For a while now I’ve been kind of meaning to write a long, in-depth post about 4chan. With the recent controversy between them and some significant feminist figures in the gaming industry, I think it’s important that I finally go ahead and do this. Since, let’s be honest: any time…
It’s good to see someone explain 4chan the way it actually is.
Ah, shit. Okay, let’s—-alright. Hmm…
1) People say I draw decently well. They say it frequently enough that I can ignore my own opinions on the matter and do it for a living.
2) I try to be empathetic and kind to everyone, no exceptions. It’s not easy and I don’t mean that I actually succeed, but I always try to keep in mind that I’m dealing with other human beings, regardless of any difference or conflict we may have between one another. I extend that to non-human creatures such as insects, and it’s been more than two years since I’ve intentionally visited violence upon any critter, and I hope I never have to. It’s kind of a Buddhist thing, call me crazy. I just believe in good. I think people can be good, I think there’s goodness in everyone. I’m so corny, holy shit—
3) I am an expert at pretending I know what I’m doing. And I do mean an expert. I have no charisma at all save for that which I save to make everyone in the room think that I have everything under control, when I really need to. It couldn’t be further from the truth of course, there are blue whale farts more put together than my life, but sometimes all it takes is to make people believe you got your shit under control, and you know what? There’s moments in which just believing it makes it so.
4) I love dogs. Dogs are the best. I miss having a dog. I’m gonna adopt a dog.
5) I make very good lemonade.
I’m sorry if this was disappointing but I really suck at saying good things about myself even though I like to think I have decent self-esteem. I think I just suck at saying anything about myself.
- Do not forget Michael Brown
- Do not forget how the media dehumanized him and tried to justify his murder
- Do not forget how peaceful protests were painted as savage riots
- Do not forget police armed with military grade weapons terrorized and arrested black civilians
- Do not forget Darren Wilson being awarded over $400,000 in fundraiser donations for murdering an unarmed black child
- Do not forget that this system was not built to defend us, but to control us
- Do not forget Ferguson
Dad:Alright, lets see if it's within my reach
Me:What do you think of cultural appropriation?
Dad:I think you mean acculturation.
Me:yeah, I do. But I was using the term the Social Justice Morons use.
Dad:It's a necessary part of being human, you can't just keep the one culture all of your life!
Me:So how offended would you be if a bunch of white people started speaking Spanish?
Dad:Offended? I would be glad, at least they speak my language!
Me:What if a white guy made tacos?
Dad:what kind of taco? why would I be offended? Did I invent it and patent it?
Me:Nope, just an ordinary taco made by a white guy.
Dad:Why would I be offended? It would like a German guy getting offended because I grilled a hamburger
Me:Well, because it's a Mexican food, it was discovered and is integral to Mexican culture. What if a white person doesn't respect the history of the taco.
Dad:When the woman who first created a taco did that, did the Angels descend from heaven with a deed and a copyright form signed by God informing us that only Mexicans can make it?
Me:Nope. It's just a taco.
Dad:Precisely, it's a taco, eat it. I would actually be happy for that white guy, tacos are pretty good.
Me:What if Tyler wanted to celebrate El Dia de Los Muertos? On his own?
Dad:Tell him to pace himself the skulls are made of pure sugar.
Me:What if he wanted to celebrate El Dia de la Independencia?
Dad:Culture is not something handed to you by God to protect and nurse, it's just something that happens to you, and when you think you have it figured out, it changes. That's what cultures do. They change. You know what these people are trying to do, right?
Dad:They want us all to hate each other and not speak to each other. They want us Mexicans in Mexico, Afro-Americans in Africa, Asians in Asia and none of us talking or being nice to each other. With no resources, no trade, no rights, and only the one language that only we're allowed to speak so that we can't communicate with anyone outside. And that's after they'd kill off all the white people. They're like the KKK, if the KKK didn't have balls.
Me:I arrived at the same conclusion.
Dad:Make yourself a coffee.
Dad:Just be sure it's Mexican *laughs*